STARTING A PHASED RETURN TO PLAY22.05.2020
Now that the Government lockdown restrictions are to be eased, we are pleased to say that we are planning to re-opening the course as of Friday 29th May. THIS WILL BE SUBJECT TO FINAL CLEARANCE ON THURSDAY 28TH MAY.
Cochrane Castle Golf Club will however be adapting to new rules and how we play golf in line with Government guidelines and the latest directions from our governing bodies.
Accordingly, set out below are the arrangements we have put in place to facilitate a safe resumption of playing golf.
We are all looking forward to getting back out on our golf course BUT SAFETY MUST COME FIRST. It is essential therefore that we all play our part and follow these rules, which are for everyone’s benefit. PLAY SAFE, STAY SAFE!
These guidelines will be kept under continual review considering experience and further developments, and as they do, we will let you know.
PLAYING ON THE GOLF COURSE
• Competitive golf will not be allowed, only social golf.
• Play will only be allowed by members and visitors will not be permitted.
• A daily start sheet will be operated by telephone bookings via the pro-Shop on 07752 152407 between 8am and 5pm. No Text or IM bookings will be accepted.
• Tee time booking will be available from 8am on Monday 25 May and thereafter four days in advance as follows:
Monday 8am for a tee time on Friday
Tuesday 8am for a tee time on Saturday
Wednesday 8am for a tee time on Sunday
Thursday 8am for a tee time on Monday
Friday 8am for a tee time on Tuesday
Saturday 8am for a tee time on Wednesday
Sunday 8am for a tee time on Thursday
• Members CANNOT arrive at the Club and expect to book and play – you will be turned away.
• Initially, bookings will be restricted to a group of 1 or 2 members at 10-minute intervals Monday – Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 7am to 5pm and Sunday 8am to 5pm.
• Members can only book one tee time per day. You can book for yourself and one other member or have your name added to a vacant slot. If you wish to play alone the remaining player slot will be blocked.
• To ensure that everyone has a fair chance of getting a game, members will be restricted to a maximum of 3 rounds per calendar week. Depending on demand, this will be amended (increased) in the future.
• Play will be managed by Club Professional, Alan Logan who will act as starter and will remind members of the guidance on social distancing and safe play.
• The Clubhouse, Locker Room, Toilets and Caddy Car Shed will remain closed. Members are asked to arrive no more than 15 minutes before their BOOKED tee time and change their shoes etc. in the car park. At least one member of group should check-in at Pro-Shop.
• Lockdown started with short notice and some members may have clubs in the locker room. These can be uplifted in ADVANCE of play restarting by arranging an appointment with Secretary Allan McCabe at firstname.lastname@example.org or 07450 836277. Trolleys can be removed from the trolley shed and taken away but cannot be put back.
• The Practice Ground and Net will remain closed, but the Putting Green will be open ONLY to those members about to tee off and ONLY immediately before their scheduled tee time.
• Play will ONLY start from the 1st tee so golfers don’t catch up with greenkeepers who will continue with ongoing maintenance.
• The flag must always be left in. A raised cup system will be implemented to ensure that the ball does not drop and can be retrieved without touching the hole.
• Bunker rakes will not be available, and members are requested to smooth bunkers using their feet or a club.
• Ball washers will be covered and benches at 1st and 13th Tees will be closed.
• There are NO bins on the course, if you bring it, please take it home.
• Members MUST always hold their position on the course and strictly adhere to the 3-minute rule when searching for lost balls. No waving game behind through.
• Initially, play will be to the 12th winter green to enable recovery from the prolonged cold and dry spell that has restricted growth. The route from 12th Green to 13th Tee will be via the top car park and will be clearly signed.
• We ask you to leave the Club immediately after finishing your round.
• Marshals will be employed to assist Club Professional, Alan Logan with his starting duties and ensure strict adherence to guidance.
The key message is that if you do not have a prior booking or appointment, don’t come to the Club. STAY HOME and STAY SAFE.
STARTING PGA PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
The safe use of the Professional’s shop will require the adoption of a range of procedures including but not limited to:
• A maximum of 1 golfer will be allowed in the shop at any one time.
• A clearly defined queuing area outside the shop where golfers must adhere to social distancing of a minimum of 2 metres.
• Hand sanitiser will be positioned at the entrance to the shop and all customers will be asked to sanitise before entering.
• Where possible, transactions should be by customer account or card.
• Buggy hire and trolley rental will not be available. Members with personal buggys MUST clean garage handles and locks with their own sanitiser wipes before and after use.
• Club fitting sessions will not be available in the short term.
• Consideration will be given to the provision of golf lessons on practice ground following the PGA guidelines.